"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 21, 2009

Dis-TUR-bing

I always joke about Court being a serial killer. He loves books, movies, t.v. shows, 48 hours mysteries, ANYTHING about serial killers. I swear that he has watched enough 48 Hours Myseries to seriously be able to commit the perfect murder. But of course it is all a joke. There is nothing disturbing about Court outside of his fascination with good who-dun-its. But I am starting to wonder if there is more to it. Maybe something genetic/ hereditary that somehow might be passed along.


Here is why I am concerned.


Miss Wavee came into the kitchen with her baby doll tonight only to hear gasps of horror from both Court and Delainee. I ran into the kitchen to see what was up, and this is what I saw my baby girl playing with....


We asked Delainee who had done that to the baby doll and she said it was either Waverly or Laetner. Ummmm....there are actually words spelled out on the doll so that pretty much rules out Wavee. But look at this thing. When we asked Laetner why in the world he did this his response was, "I wanted to add more detail." What in the world?????

Laetner is apparently a real life Syd from Toy Story. But just look at his 'details':


That is a full on jack-o-lantern face on the back of the poor baby's head---along with an 8th note and who knows what other hierogliphics on the back! And the actual face is now a clown with triangle cheeks, a Hitler mustache, and creepy lashes to boot. Plus I think we have barb wire tattoos with black fingernail polish---but then he adds cute little bows on the booties! I seriously am at a loss for words. This amount of 'detail' had to have taken him FOREVER! This wasn't just a haphazard coloring project.

And he says he doesn't remember everything that he wrote, but the 2nd to the last line is definitely 'Laetner' and that last line is 'Mario'---which I am assuming is referring to mario and luigi, but maybe he is threatening his own grandmother!


Shouldn't I be gettin' this kid some therapy???

4 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm cracking up! Hilarious!

Fuller's said...

I can picture it now. Laetner's very own tat and piercing parlor.

Stephanie said...

Okay I laughed out LOUD!!
Love it!
Somebody warn Melissa-I swear her name is on there!

Mike and Alecia said...

Creepy... I'm keeping my eye on this kid. Haha! Really that is just soo funny I bet Court is one proud Dad.