"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Check out the new do!

This was the week of the haircut!!! And we love Briley Brown for always giving us both the sassiest haircuts in town. I even went for some bangs for myself this time around. But first I must reminisce....

As I was doing Delainee's hair one day, she began to wonder about her image in the mirror. She began to question where the color of her eyes and the shape of her mouth came from. I explained that she had my blue eyes and the shape of her mouth came from me. We talked about Laetner having my blue eyes also, but that his mouth was shaped like daddy. I then asked her who she thought she got her hair from. She and Laetner are both blondies just like daddy, so I figured she would answer "Daddy." Simple matter of putting two and two together, right? Well, I could see her really thinking about it and then she answered with a questioning expression, "Briley?" AH, my poor little blond girl, way too much deductive reasoning for one day!


But here is both of our new dos!




And I am holding Waverly in one arm and taking the picture with the other hand. I was hoping she would look when the flash went off, but she was SO not interested. Not the best angle but you get the idea...



While Briley does not actually cut Laetner's hair, he had a hair cut this week as well. Much to my chagrin, Court took a #3? to his head and buzzed it all off. Just when I was getting it long enough to get a part in it.--Curses! Court always promises to just "clean him up around the ears," and the next thing I know its all gone! But since Delainee was getting her picture to show off her haircut, he wanted one too. I told him to smile and he said he was doing it just like the Joker. Thank goodness I don't really see the resemblance, but that just gives you an idea of how much he is into Batman, and Spiderman, and Incredible Hulk, and.......ANYTHING Super Hero.



Okay, upon further inspection he might look a little reminiscent of Heath Ledger's late portrayal!

5 comments:

A. Goodie said...

Ok, how come I totally did not know you have a blog? I love it, I'm trying to decide if you were one of the ones opposed to the blogging world or not? So excited for our girls get-away! Your kids are soooo cute, with the sassy haircuts!

Julie said...

Hey I am with goodie! Imagine my surprise when I clicked on your fabulous comment and there was Julie's blog! Couldn't be happier! You know I love your guts! And hello!? Cutest hair EVER!

Shelly said...

Im so happy you have a blog now!! I cannot believe your sweet little baby-its crazy how time flys. She is beautiful and Im so happy that I can now keep up on one of my favorite book club girls!!! Love the bangs!

BeckyinQC said...

Hey Julie - I was so happy to see another cousin of mine that has a blog. I found you from your brother Scott's blog. I can't believe how big your kids are. They are all so cute. Delainee is so adorable with with her new haircut. Just wanted to say hi.

Rachel Cunningham said...

Another one bites the dust. You were holding out on us! I love it. Cute hair-do's.