"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fischbeck Family Reunion Labor Day Weekend

We had our annual Fischbeck Family Reunion over Labor Day Weekend (Aug 29-Sept 1). It was an action packed weekend consisting of Talent Show, Survivor Eliminator (paint pellet style), Timed obstacle courses, Fear Factor, and games of WereWolves that will forever go down in history as the most controversial and heated moments in the entire 11 years of my wedded bliss to Courtney. Top it off with, "Lily's Daddy is Stabbing Delainee's Daddy in the Back!" and you know this was a weekend that will never be forgotten.



We decided to take the kids out of school early on Friday so that we could get to Pinedale with enough time for them to play. Everybody else (Court's 7 siblings and their families---we missed you Mark and Tiff) finally rolled in about 9:00 p.m. Check out the great shots of the kids on the tramp...





Saturday morning began with Survivor Eliminator-Everybody had their name on a paper plate and we took turns shooting our paint pellet guns. 3 hits and your name was out. We even let the kids shoot the guns. It was alot of fun. Believe me there was alot of trash talking going on, but in the end Court's 10 year old niece Rachel beat us all!!



Obstacle courses were put on my aunt Jill and Aunt Alecia. I hope I can post the video. At least in the adult division I did manage to beat Big Dave--my father in law. Check out Delainee and Laetner as they turn in their unbeatable times!



Then came time for Fear Factor. With event names like "Call a Flower", "Cream Pie Surprise", "Egg-celent", "Muddy Worms", Dirty Diaper Surprise" and "Cracker Confetti" it was definitely a crazy time. Laetner participated in Muddy Worms, where he had to eat a cup full of crumbled up oreos with gummy worms intermixed. Slow and steady was his motto and he took 2nd place to his cousin Reece. Cousin Jakey did not fare as well. After trying to down the whole cup in one swallow, we all watched in horror as his face became green and then he ralphed it all up! Here is Laetner proving that he ate his whole cup!


Delainee competed in Cream Pie Surprise. Using no hands she had to eat through a plate full of cream to find the hidden marshmallows inside. You can see the cream on her chin.

Court participated in Call a Flower where he had to eat a bunch of raw cauliflower as fast as he could and then blow up a balloon big enough to be able to sit on it and pop it. I participated in egg-celent where I had to toss up a raw egg and catch it without it breaking. I was the first one out of this event! It would not be a trip to the cabin without lots of rides on the quads and the rhino. THANK YOU Aunt Marissa for taking all the kiddies on rides all weekend long.


Sunday morning we all headed to church in Pinedale. It was pouring rain outside. One of the grandkids commented that we shouldn't be going to church if it is raining! Sunday afternoon we had a talent show and bow howdie, are we a talented bunch. Waverly showed us her ability to roll on the floor--at least she attempted to. Delainee showed off her amazing ability to do cartwheels, and Laetner somersaulted, shot spiderwebs at everybody, smashed down like the hulk and smiled like the joker on batman. (Have I mentioned EVER that he is really into anything super hero???) Sunday evening is the day that I played my last game of Werewolves with the Fischbeck family---or any game for that matter. I must hang up my game playing hat, as my husband has officially informed me that I am too PASSIONATE a game player. It was fun while it lasted!

Monday morning began with a creepy drive to the Pinedale Cemetery where Grandma and Grandpa Fischbeck showed the grandkids their gravesite. One of the grandkids was very confused and wanted to know why grandpa and grandma were dying today. Court and I are still contemplating putting the kids in therapy.

On the drive home we took the Globe route and stopped at a little Mexican Food Joint called Guayos. The food was yummy, but the chips and salsa were the best I ever had. I think we need to make this a tradition. Waverly loved it so much she even tried to lick the plate!

Here is the Fam in front of our new favorite restaurant.

Finally after the long action packed weekend we finally made it home. It was fun, but there is no place I would rather be than in my own bed!

Waverly Agrees!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Dang that Waverly is cute!! Looks like a fun packed weekend! I never knew you were a game person, or WERE a game person! That is hilarious!!

meg said...

Julie,
My favorite part was your comment about Mom and Dad's plots at the cemetary. I love how you aren't afraid to ditch the sugar coating. Let me know how therapy goes. Was it one of my kids that asked the question??? Meg
Oh- and the blog is adorable!