"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Back Hurts Just Thinking About It

Court loves when the weather finally turns cold. He loves being able to open up the windows and putting fans in front of said windows, and blowing as much cold air straight on to himself as possble. I wake up with sore throats every morning, and I am dreading having to roll out of bed into a 65 degree house---but he loves it. He is starting to rub off on Lainee and Laetner, becuz they already beg for a floor fan to blow right by their heads at night. To capitalize even further he does something that I think is REALLY weird.

Apparently in his house growing up, Mama Maurio would keep the thermostat at a 'balmy' 82 degrees---YIKES. So the kids discovered that they could keep cool by sleeping on the tile of the kitchen floor (while wearing as little clothing as possible.) They would use huge floor fans that sound like you are caught in a wind tunnel and would sleep right in front of them to help add to the effect. Court says he and his brother Dan were the masters at it, and claims that they once found Dan in the buff!

Well I woke up earlier than usual the other morning and found myself to be alone in bed---which was odd becuz Court ACTUALLY was in town. I figured he couldn't sleep and went looking for him on the computer, but he wasn't there. I peeked in Laetner's room and found BOTH he and Laetner ON the wood flooring right in front of a fan just snoozing away. It looked SO uncomfortable. But the freak woke up saying that not only had he slept so good, but that he thought it was even better than sleeping on the tile.

So odd.....

5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

haha what a weirdo!!!! I like it cold too...all our windows are open and I keep the fan on, but you wouldn't catch me on the floor!

Allyson & Jere said...

Not just odd, but downright WIERD!! No really, maybe just CRAZY! My back hurts too! Good thing he's provided you with a cushy bed, so you don't have to suffer the same sort of crazy.

Tara Fischbeck said...

sounds familiar! dan has to have his blow torch fan still! i don't like it because i can't hear the kids. i like a little fan for comfort but he loves the blow torch fan. he tries to at least keep it off his face because he wakes up with dry mouth so bad.

Sabrina Bodine said...

Too funny! That is pretty weird but to each his own I guess:) Good to catch up. I really do read your posts... I just don't always comment. Can't believe how big your kids are getting! It feel like yesterday that you had Laney:)

Jenny said...

I think it's a dog thing. :) At least it reminds me of our dog.