"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, November 5, 2009

One More Night, and I've Had Enough!

Court has been gone all week. He is in Hawaii, AGAIN. He is officially there for work, but he has a little company with him. He is in Hawaii with two other guys. For the week! Three married men in Hawaii for a week. Something is very wrong with this situation. I call it a gay-cation! He promises to take lots of pictures so I can post about his gay-cation.

My calendar says he comes back Friday. The kids have been telling me that daddy comes back Friday. I have been telling everybody that he comes back Friday. But when I asked him for a specific time that he would be home on Friday, I just heard silence on the other end of the receiver. While his flight does indeed leave Hawaii on Friday, he will not be home until Saturday morning around 9:00 a.m. Suddenly I feel like I can't take it any more. I can hear his argument, "Come on it's only one night, you'll be sleeping anyways." Yes, but once again I will be sleeping alone. And he has been gone since Monday, and I have had everything under the sun hit me this week, but I kept telling myself I could handle this til Friday.

Well I never told myself that I could handle this til Saturday! Ü

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. NO FUN AT ALL! Hope you make it til Saturday! I don't know how you do it.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

for real, I don't know how you do it. Can Wavee come play???

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

I totally GET that! It's what you gear yourself up for, and sometimes that takes some doing!

Unknown said...

Yay!! Finally it's Saturday!! :)

Allyson & Jere said...

I'm just SO relieved that you DID make it 'til Saturday. I'd be so sad without you around.