"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shrek: The Musical

Photobucket
When I went to New York last time, I went and saw Shrek The Musical all by myself. When I came home I promptly bought the cd and started letting the kiddies listen to the music. It is a fun cd for ANY car ride, especially the giggle wrenching dual of the burches and belps in I Think I Got You Beat!!! Everytime Wavee would squeal, "again, again" was simply too precious. Anyhoo, I swore that when it came to town I HAD to take Delainee. Then I forGAWT about it! Ü

At bookclub on Thursday night I overheard Kylie talking about Shrek and how it is playing at Gammage and that it is ONLY there until Saturday night--HORROR!!!! I went online to buy tickets and everything said it was sold out--DOUBLE HORROR! What to do, we HAVE to see it!! So on Saturday I tell Delainee to get in the car, we are just gonna go to Gammage and take our chances.

I walked up to the window to purchase tickets only to be told what i already knew--the show is sold out.
"Is there a chance that ANYTHING will open up??"

"Maybe," he says. "If you want to wait over there I will let you know if SOMETHING comes available."

Then we wait, and we wait and we wait. I start to get nervous, cuz the start time is fast approaching.

And wouldn't you know it he DOES call us up.

"Two seats opened up. Row 11 RIGHT in the middle!" he says

"Great, I will take em," says I.

"That will be $69 a PIECE," says he.

"Gulp!" says I. Ü

I am SURE the sick feeling I had in my stomach was showing across my face, as I considered actually spending that amount on the tickets, and trying to figure out how much Court was gonna kill me when he found out!

I shook my head, "I just can't spend that much.. :(" (and you better beLIEVE I gave him a poopy face)

"You know what? How about I ring em BOTH up for $75?" he says

"Let's DO it!" The seats were a-MAYzing. The show was so stinking cute. And it was fun to see the lights going off for Delainee as everything she had been listening to was LITERALLY coming to life on stage. That??? Priceless!

Photobucket

Afterwards me and my 8 year old hit Yogurtland at like 11:00 at night. I am sure all the hip college kiddies thought I was a freak for keeping my kid up. But it was a night to remember for us BOTH!

No comments: