"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 9, 2011

Laetner's LPM Recital

After teaching Laetner the 1st year of Let's Play Music, I came to 2 realizations. #1 Laetner is NOT Delainee. Which lead to realization #2 of: Laetner needs someone OTHER than Mom to be his LPM teacher. Luckily Miss Jodi is close and teaches on the days I don't. I begged her to make room for Laetner in her 2nd year class, and the boy has 'changed completely overnight!' Miss Jodi helped me at MY recital, so I helped out at Laeter's recital by playing most of the accompaniments and leading the kids in the puppet show. Which meant i didn't get to watch most of it from the FRONT. But he did SOOOO good.


Photobucket
Here he is waiting in anticipation for his show to start!

Photobucket
Multi Tasking by playing the chords in the beginning, the intervals on the 2nd verse, AND mambo-ing from his keyboard in Turtle Shells!

Photobucket
Do is HOME!Ü

Photobucket
Showing off his prizes at the end..

Photobucket
Posing with his adoring fans....

Photobucket
Standing by the Indian Drum.  Laetner had the role of playing this big drum while the REST of the 2nd years sang I'm an Indian.  He was soooo excited to do this, and he didn't seem nervous at ALL as he kept the steady beat for the ENTIRE ensemble to sing to.  You RAWKED it Laetner! Ü

Photobucket
Last but not least, Miss Jodi.  Laetner LOVES her.  Often he will come home and tell me that Miss Jodi knows some of the same songs that I do, or that she knows the same puppet shows as me.  It takes everything in my POWER to not reply with some snide remark, that we BOTH teach Let's Play Music.  He seems comPLETELY oblivious to the fact that he was once even a 'prisoner' in mommy's LPM class--**sigh***
I am just so greatful for the turn around.  He does AWE-SOME!!!!  And no longer do i have to fight him to practice or do homework.  He is SOOO motivated by not being able to get a treasure that he will say to me, "Mom, i HAVE to practice for Miss Jodi!"  
 
LOVE IT!!!!

No comments: