"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Let's Play Music Recital

For FULL details (including video)check out my official  Let's Play Music blog..

But I was so proud of my 27 1st and 2nd year students this year.  I WISH i had a shot of the WHOLE group performing, but alas, i only have so many hands. Ü  But luckily I have a niece in my 1st year and a nephew in the 2nd year, so momma Shelby snagged me a few shots!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some things I did this year that made it GREAT:
  • Got t-shirts for the kids
  • Made my own risers so every kid could be seen 
  • Cut out MY talking during their recital and just let the kids perform
  • Put my keyboard on the floor so I could conduct from the front
  • Kept the WHOLE thing start to finish to 1/2 an hour

No comments: