"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Peanut Butter will definitely get that out!

The weeks leading up to Christmas are always so much fun because that is when neighbors and friends are dropping by goodies and gifts. Laetner was soooo excited when some friends brought by this cute 'gummy' ball machine. He steals a piece of gum and about 10 seconds later spits it out and gets a new one. Delainee for some reason does not like bubble gum, so Laetner has had pretty much free reign on the little balls of sugar.

Well, I was on the phone with Shelby--which has been known to happen from time to time, when in crawls Waverly with a 'horn' on her head. It took me a couple of minutes to figure what it was...

Yeah, that growth is GUM! I knew who had done it--the ONLY person eating the stuff, but I walked into the kitchen and wanted someone to fess up to it. Laetner just hung his head. When I asked him why, he said he just wanted to play with her. GRRRRR! I was still on the phone the whole time with Shelby and I said I better get the scissors out to which she exclaimed in horror! Good thing she is worried about little Waverly's appearance. She told me to get out the peanut butter.

And we did!

And it worked!

Now we just need a bath! Thanks aunt Shelby for the un-haircut!

3 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Ok, when you take a long "break" from the blogging, you sure know how to come back with a vengance! Nice posts and pictures, it was all worth the wait. Thanks for the pb tip, I'm sure I'll need to try it someday.

Shelby said...

Oh golly! You are welcome. You know me and hair, mine might look like crap but my kids MUST look good no unwanted haircuts!! And are you saying we talk on the phone WAY TOO MUCH! Oh I think not!

Allyson & Jere said...

Now Jules, I didn't think you were talking to me specifically, I was simply sending a shoutout that I HAD seen your post and my kid was cute too. hahahaha I thought your post was so cute, I was just playing along. Peace amongst the peeps.