"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, March 19, 2010

Nerd Alert!

Does anybody have a grandma with glasses like this? I would swear that my Grandma Fuller used to war sunglasses EXACTLY like this! Ü
Photobucket
You might have noticed that dear little Wavee's left eye likes to cross. Alas I have putting off a trip to the eye doctor, cuz I just don't want to put my baby girl in glasses. But the eye crossing was getting worse, and quite frankly a little disorienting, so off to Dr. Eason's we went (Dr. Eason is Laetner's eye doctor as well---interesting note that Laetner's OPPOSITE eye does the same thing) But while Laetner ONLY suffers from the eye crossing that supposedly the glasses will fix, little Miss Waverly is far sighted as well, and will need some glasses forever more---tear! The above picture was taken the day of the eye exam when they had to dialate her eyes, and gave us these snazzy glasses for protection from the sun!

We finally got her glasses in last Friday and headed over to grandma-papa's (that's what the kids call my parents collectively) to show off her new glasses and to also get Laetner a MUCH needed haircut.

A shot of Laetner getting a haircut proved easy enough.
Photobucket
But getting a shot of Waverly---not so much.

She looked left and right and up and down---but she was too busy bringing oranges to pose for a picture.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Wait for it....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Wait for it...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

NERD ALERT!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You are hilarious. So not nerdy. Super cute, but only on her. I'll be there one day with my girls. Clint and are both blind (correction...Clint is, I was) so I'm sure our kiddos will be too. Also, walk me through how to make my blog BIG like yours. I am too stupid to figure out how to make my small, down the center posts- big and left justified. Help?

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Your the best. Got my big pics and love them. Can't figure out the left side thing. The post itself is left justified, but see how yours is on the total left hand side of the computer screen and mine just goes down the middle? What's up with that.?

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

no, you are! Next I need to learn how to change my fonts to something better than what they offer. I will pester you about that another night. :-)

BeckyinQC said...

I think she's adorable in them Julie!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Wow I can't believe that you already know she needs glasses. Way to be on top of it. I can't believe she wears them. She looks adorable!

Jenn C. said...

She does look adorable in the glasses! I am glad that you did not give up on getting her pic!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Huge favor my foot. Yep, I'll be home. Are you looking for a jogging partner or what? Do you need help delivering stuff? Both my girls are still asleep and usually sleep till 8:30 (I know, I'm lucky) but tell me what you need and I for sure don't mind waking them up!

Mike and Alecia said...

I'm just glad someone else is getting called a nerd by you. She looks pretty cute in those stylish frames though. Oh and WOWee that birthday cake was pretty amazing. You are definitely the queen of cakes. Looked like a really fun party!!

Maurio said...

Julie, I finallylooked at your very enjoyable, clever but ever so much sharing blog, about your wonderful family life. I loved getting caught up. ANd I love those adorable grandkids. Waverly and glasses, Laetner...all boy, and Delainee steals my heart.
Love, Maurio