"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July

What better way to celebrate the 4th of July weekend then by getting out of the heat and heading up to the Fischbeck Cabin in Pinedale. We arrived on Thursday, and Court volunteered to be in charge of food for the weekend---of course we were VERY well fed from his famous homemade pizza to crepes on Sunday morning, to homemade ice cream sandwiches. Between his chef skills, and my Martha baking skills, we make QUITE a pair!

THe parade in Heber on Saturday morning was LAME! Apparently someone in an electric wheelchair got WET at last years festivities, and ALL water was OUTLAWED---LITERALLY! Needless to say, we won't be doing THAT one again any time soon.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

It wouldn't be a 4th of July without Heber fireworks. Only this year we drove all the way into Heber, set up our spot, got ready for the show to start, and no sooner did it start, then the rest of the group we were with decided to pack up and LEAVE---LAME!!!! I did not even get to see the grand finale. Slightly disgusted with the situation. Four words--- MY IN LAWS STINK!

Sister in Law Jill and Kevin were there with her family (the Jackson's) and as usual Marsha (Jill's mom) was spreading the love and had glow sticks for all the kiddies. She took care of me and my kiddies at LAST years celebration---LURVE her! Maybe I could get adopted into THOSE in laws!!! But we got a few fun shots of the kids playing with those at least...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The night wasn't a COMPLETE wash, however. The women managed to sneak into Showlow to catch a LATE showing of Eclipse---YUM!

These two little ladies have turned into the bobsey twins!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

On the ride home on Monday I asked Delainee what her favorite part of the weekend was and she immediately responded with, "the baseball game!"
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




WOULDN'T be the 4th of July without BASEBALL, right???

At least we did SOMETHING right....

5 comments:

Maurio said...

How I am enjoying my family tonight. Thanks Julie. Izzie and Wavie are for sure the Bobsies. THe videos, pictures are so fun. But I am so sad that the water was outlawed. Booh. So glad we went last year.

Jenn C. said...

Looks like fun! Sorry about the water. I think that this was the first year that my kids had ever even been to a parade and there was lots of water and they were "freezing" after they got wet! I told them to enjoy! Really cute pics of your really cute kiddos!

Mike and Alecia said...

You know if we were there it wouldn't be as lame. I'm just glad I'm not in the category when your talking about your in laws stinking. Right?? Oh and Wavey is looking so old to me for some reason. The cabin looked fun, wish we could of been there!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Ok LOL!! Love your HONESTY!!But I must say I was very disappointed with all the fstivities in Heber. I will never be sold on that towns festivities again. I felt the fireworks we could have seen that close from the cabin! So much for how great they are from the school...boo!But of course I loved having you there and fighting with the brothers...a tradition!

Crandell Fam said...

So sad about you not getting to see all the fireworks! We go there every single year because Troy's family is from there, and it is the BEST fireworks show around! Next year just come hang with us, cause we're fun and it's worth it! The parade is TOTALLY LAME! We stopped going several years ago because I just saw no more point in it. However, this year we had to WALK in it! Troy's dad is running for House, so we were all wearing red shirts saying VOTE FOR CHESTER CRANDELL. It was not my favorite. You probably saw me and didn't even notice! :)