"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Poor Delainee

We are Star Wars fans (as well as Indiana Jones.) This is something I have explained in previous posts. So of course we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Lego versions of Star Wars and Indiana Jones for the wii. Lots of fun to play together as a family. Only problem is that only TWO players can play at a time.

We are sitting around as a family watching Court and Laetner take their turn at Star Wars when Laetner says he wants to be "Bon-kee Ahn-ta" I don't seem to remember a character being named that but I assumed that it must be someone from episodes I thru III---cuz Laetner is definitely a man that pays attention to details. But when he chooses his character it in none other than Boba-Fett.

Mom: Ummmm... Laetner, I hate to break it to you but that guy is NOT named Bon-kee Ahn-ta.
Laetner: Yes he is
Mom: No he isn't.
Laetner: Yuh-huh. When Han Solo gets frozen, Darth Vader says, "He's ALL yours Bon-kee Ahn-ta!"

To which I have to laugh a little bit. Cuz I know EXACTLY what scene he is talking about. (I told you I am a NERD!)

So I try to explain to Laetner that the guys name IS Boba Fett and that his job is that of a BOUNTY HUNTER, and that Darth Vader is ACTUALLY saying, He's ALL yours BOUNTY HUNTER!"

Laetner STILL insists that his name is Bon-kee Ahn-ta, and it drives my nerd self CRAZY everytime he calls him that!

So with this in mind I am not too confused when Court comes down the hallway the other day and asks what a "Heart Mee-uh Bon-chee" is. Court, Laetner, and Delainee had been playing the wii together while I had been making dinner, and I figured it was just one more thing that Laetner was 'mis-interpreting.' I simply smiled and said I had no idea. But then when I walked down the hallway I was surprised to find Delainee's bedroom door shut with this SIGN posted on it....

Photobucket


Apparently Daddy and Laetner had HURT her feelings a BUNCH by laughing maniacally when she would die in the game.
Poor thing.
Had to be born into a family of competetive trash talkers... Ü

4 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

Tara Fischbeck said...

I am sorry Lainee but that is the cutest thing I have ever scene! And Laetner could get away with saying whatever names he wants over here.

Allyson & Jere said...

That is AWESOME!!! I'm giggling out loud. Mostly because I adore your fabulous snarky self!

Anonymous said...

LOL..that is the CUTEST little angry note...I love it. What a doll :)