"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Good Face Discount

The very 1st Semester of Let's Play music is known as the Red Balloon semester and we have a fun song about a balloon that floats up and down on the staff and it 'almost' floats away at the end, but the children pretend to catch it at the last moment and exclaim "I got it!" They love this.

So as a gift, on day one of the 1st Year of Let's Play Music, each child receives their very own helium filled Red Balloon to leave class with. Very fun. This week we will have a little girl in class who could not make it to class last week, but she HEARD all about what went down in class last week, and so I figured I better get her her own balloon to take home.

Court was so nice last week to go to Party City and get 13 Red Balloons filled for me. Not normally a task my hubby would relish! And I must admit that I actually thought he would shoot me down when I explained that this week I needed one more single balloon. "No problem," he says. He is "running to get his haircut and can stop by after."

He walks in the door with his single red balloon and tells me he got a 'good face discount'. Say WHAT???? The girl helping him remembered him from last week, and told him the balloon was on the house---no charge--FREE!!!!

That NEVER would have happened to me!

She must have REALLY liked his new snazzy haircut!!!! Ü

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Laughing. Laughing!

Good for Cort and his face for getting you a FREE balloon. Personally, i think it was his deep voice that did it. He just seduced that balloon right out of her. hehehehe What? I thought it was funny.

Tara Fischbeck said...

That is pretty funny! Must be rpoud of your hubbies GOOD FACE for saving $1.50!