"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Austenland by Shannon Hale

I just finished this book. I had already read Shannon Hales other books, but they were geared toward the younger reader. I almost did not read this because I really wanted something a little meatier, but I am so glad that I picked it up last night. It was such a fun, quick read, and since I recently TiVo-ed Channel 8's The Complete Jane Austen Series, I had managed to have every single Jane Austen story line and characters in my mind. You do NOT need to be a huge Austen fan in order to enjoy the book, but if you do have a thing for Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, or anything to do with Pride and Prejudice, then you will get plenty of the inside jokes. And for those of you who know what a freak I am about how nothing has compared to everything "Twilight", this novel was the first one that I have enjoyed as much! Feel free to borrow the book!

No comments: