"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Parker Turned 1

Meet Parker.....


Parker is my little 'nunch' of a nephew that belongs to Court's baby sister Alecia. I say nunch, because the cute little feller is barely taller than Waverly is, but yet he is walking everywhere. Parker just turned 1 on Monday. His mom, Alecia, did a whole cowboy themed party. They had stick horse hoof-races, and candy horse shoes, and all sorts of cute cowboy decorations. Of course he needed a cowboy cake, so I decided to try my hand at fondant for the first time and make Parker a little cowboy teddy bear cake...


My goodness, it is hard to tell who is who! I think Parker truly appreciated the time and energy I put into my edible masterpiece, because instead of just digging in with his fingers into the frosting and cake like any normal crazy kid would do, Parker just calmly sat and admired the bear as if it was a piece of art.

It was Parker, it was!

2 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

Your New York trip looks like the funnest trip ever. I can't wait to hear about it next week!

Jenn said...

Good grief is there anything you cannot do? That cake is adorable!
Jenn C.