"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 15, 2009

This and that for week 2 of January

This week has been insanely busy. I am a Let's Play Music teacher, but I also do what is known as Teacher Advisory for LPM and this week all of my existing teachers started their own semesters, plus we have a teleconference coming up this Friday for any new trainees. I honestly have been on my computer constantly e-mailing EVERYONE, as well as meeting for Advisory 'meetings'--a.k.a BRUNCH! I actually feel like I am earning my paycheck on this one! I also am the Ward Historian for our ward---I know you are jealous of my calling. And this week the annual Historical Narrative for 2008 was due. Of course I put most of it off until the week after Christmas---when I have the whole year to work on it---but it has been forwarded on to my ward clerk and I now do not have any church responsibilites for another year. Yeehaw! Needless to say, that this week I have not even had a chance to look at anyone's blog, let alone post on my own...GRRRR!

On top of everything else, Court is out of town Monday thru Saturday this week to Hawaii---AGAIN! Every phone call I get from him is, "Well, I am about to jump on another plane to hop on over to another island." and "Because of the time change I am up at 4:00 over here so I get in 3 miles on the treadmill every morning, wow I get so much done everyday."---BRAT! Because he is out of town I have not been able to run with Shelby, which means I have to get on my treadmill at the house which consists of me trying to run while calling for Delainee every few minutes to pick up Waverly who REALLY wants to get on with me. Poor little thing, I really don't think she could crawl THAT fast. I would just run after the kids just go to bed, but I promised Delainee and Laetner that they could sleep in my bed this week while Daddy is away. Note to self: Do Not Make Such A Promise Ever Again!

I must admit something horrible. When Court is out of town on Wednesdays--which happens more weeks than not--- then it is Wacky Wednesday at Sonic for dinner. Their kid meals are only 1.49, can't beat that. I definitely wasn't the only one cashing in on that deal last night cuz the drive thru line was quite extensive. So, whilst we waited in line forEV-ER for our grease-soaked kids meals, the kids began asking all sorts of questions about who my brothers or sisters were and just questions about families in general. They find it fascinating that grandma and grandpa are actually daddy's mom and dad and that grandma and papa are my parents. Then Delainee began really thinking and started asking what their actual names were.

Now here I will have to back track a little bit. For Christmas one of the things that Laetner asked for was a nutcracker. And at first we were a little confused, but Laetner played on a cousins Nintendo ds one day and Mario must have reminded him of the nutcracker from Barbie. So he continues to call it a nutcracker. Well Court is wrapped around every child's finger so I lost the battle of Laetner not needing a nintendo ds. But now everyone at our house calls it a nutcracker and mario is the red nutcracker, luigi is the green nutcracker. etc, etc. Laetner even begs me to dress Waverly in overalls and a green shirt so she looks like Luigi---we might need to find her a mustache!

So back in the car....I explained that Papa's name was Byde and Grandma's name was Pam and Grandpa's name was Dave and other Grandma's name was Maurio. You should have seen Laetner's eyes light up! "You mean like the red nutcracker?" he exclaims. How many kids can claim that one?

This week Waverly has gained the unfortunate knowledge and ability to turn not only my t.v. off, but my reciever as well. And she knows she is being naughty. She crawls to the wall and then walks her way down it until she gets to the t.v. She then turns her head, flashes a huge smile, and turns it off. By the time you have rectified the damage, she has moved the rest of the wall down to where the reciever box resides and does the exact same thing. She is a stinker. I cannot tell you have difficult it was to watch Biggest Loser with her in the room. Speaking of which, was anyone else crying as the orange team member finally made it up that hill? I need to check my meds, cuz I am usually not a crier EVER, but I was sobbing like a baby. I hope that kid ends up in the finale and is smokin' hot! He deserves it.

Alright, I at least put down somethin' for the week--not too shabby!
(have I ever mentioned that I love exclamation marks!!)

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Oh Julz, so glad you're back. Don't you even worry, Biggest Loser caused a cry fest heard round the world. Or at least all around my family and friends and town. How could you NOT cry. I mean really, when that old man only lost 1 lb. the look on his face, well I could cry all over again just thinking about it. I LOVE that show! This is definitely one of their best seasons. Anyway, I don't know how you do it with Cort gone so much. You are a super Mom for sure, even if you do get Sonic for dinner. Hey, cheap and fast, that works for me.

Tara Fischbeck said...

Julie I read everyword of your blog and I need to go to bed. Every episode of the biggest loser I watch I cry. That is a total of about 4. But now with DVR I can cry on all fo them. If if makes you feel better I weigh 155 and haven't even been under 150 since 9th grade!