"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 5, 2009

So on Saturday Delainee begged and begged for us to go to the park. Somehow it ended up me with Lainee and Laetner while Court got to stay home with Waverly. I was hideous--no makeup and I hadn't washed my hair in three days at least, so I told the kids that we needed to go to a park where no one else was. We ended up hitting three different little neighborhood parks before the afternoon was up. But when we were finally heading home we passed one more park and Delainee really wanted to stop.
Delainee: Mom, plz can we play at this one?
Me: No
Delainee: Why?
Me: Because there are people at that park and they might see me.
Delainee: Well can't you just stay in the car and roll up the window?

Tonight for dinner Courtney made his moms famous homemade pizza. Delainee and I walked in from gymastics to have dinner ready and waiting for us---thank you Court! Court had made a green salad and a little fruit salad to go with. I was commenting how yummy the fruit tasted when Laetner exclaimed, "I love green strawberries!" I was a little confused because there were no strawberries let alone green ones amongst the fruit. But sure enough there it was...


a green strawberry?!

1 comment:

Tara Fischbeck said...

Julie you saw me today and did it really bother you...I apologize if it did. I am lucky to get makeup on 4 days a week. I did just come from the gym. I am going to go searching for you at those parks w/o makeup because you always look so perfect.