"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 9, 2009

I Spy With My Little Eye

On Mondays, Delainee has gymnastics. We car pool with a little girl in our ward named Ashley. Her mom takes the girls, and I pick up and bring home. Delainee and Ashley always keep themselves busy with some little game like rock, paper, scissors, or something along those lines. Today it was I Spy. I was watching them in the rear view mirror, and they were doing a good job spying things both inside and outside of the car, when I hear Delainee say, "I spy something beautiful." Little Ashley aboslutely 'filled my bucket' when I heard hear say matter of factly, "Your mom." "No," Delainee said, "It is something beautiful that I kiss." To which Ashley responds, "Your moms lips." Again Delainee shakes her head and says, "It is something beautiful that I kiss, and it is little." Ashley immediately exclaimed, "Your baby sister!"
Even though it ended up not being about me, it was still so sweet!

No comments: