"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 9, 2009

Waverly is so Gross

My little nunch of an 11 month old is walking EVERYWHERE. She thinks she owns the place. And those little legs can move stinkin' fast. Well last night Laetner comes running down the hall from my Let's Play Music classroom, telling me that someone put ABC's in the toilet. I was working on my blurb book at the time, so I didn't really hear what he said until Courtney repeated it. I gave Court a dirty look and asked why he didn't fish the ABC's out of the toilet and my OCD husband shot me with a look that looked like he might faint. So I headed down the hall to see what they were talking about. In my LPM classroom there is a little tiny powder room with a toilet, a sink, and very little else. Sure enough inside the toilet were my ABC's for LPM---thank goodness they were still inside their ziploc bag----gotta love that zipper seal! There was also a candy wrapper and a mallet. I fished everything out of the bowl, and then told my little baby NO in my most stern voice, which of course set her off into the cutest little tears. I closed all the doors and told everyone to keep them that way.
Well Laetner just came in with another update: Someone put the shot in the toilet! (the toy syringe from our fisher price medical kit). I remember that Delainee used to hide things in the bath tub when she was a baby, but this is just too gross! Boo, Waverly, boo! I'm off to get my surgical gloves---or else Court will probably never let me touch him again. :)

1 comment:

Crandell Fam said...

GROSS!! :) Brooklyn threw my cell phone in the toilet, and that really stunk. Literally. I now carry insurance on cell phones. But your post...really funny!