"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, February 13, 2009

Tugging at my Heart Strings

Love is in the air. Our little hands are spent from all the valentine signing we have been doing this week. We made our own Valentines and taped lollipops to them. The best part was that the kids wrote their own names on the back of them. So cute to see little Laetner's handwriting spelling out Love, Laetner. He isn't even 5 yet, but he really does a good job with his letters. Well, he was soooo excited to give Valentines to Miss Donna and Miss Diane---his bus drivers. The bus pulled up and he hoofed it as fast as his feet could get him there, with a Valentine in each hand. As I stood at the door and watched, my sad little eyes began to water as I saw how proud he was as he handed them his work of art, and gave them both a big hug. He looked so sweet. For Delainee's Valentines (as well as Laetner's for his classmates)we just send them in a bag to school and things just get passed out to their 'mailboxes'. Hopefully they are thanking each other and things like that, but I kinda doubt that is going on at school--it's all about the candy, right???? It made my Valentines Day/Weekend to be able to watch Laetner go through the process of giving and thanking. He really can be a very sensitive, mature little boy when he puts his mind to it! Now if only I can get him to be so sensitive when he is playing with his action figures!

3 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Two in one week, I'm so proud of you Julz. Sounds like fun making the valentines with the kids.

Crandell Fam said...

How fun! I love seeing the excitement in kids as they make and share their gifts. It is so sweet! I'm sure his bus drivers really appreciated it, too, because I'm sure they usually get overlooked. How thoughtful of you guys. :)

lyssamcaleavy said...

Julie-
How are you? I got your link from Julie S's blog. I loved your Christmas card...thank you. Your little family is so cute and I hope you guys are doing well. Keep me updated. Love ya!