"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Poor Wavee

We were gone last week to New York and got back Friday. Over the weekend Waverly did seem a little clingy, but we had been gone all week. Sunday she started to get a little whiny--but we had been gone all week. Sunday night she was playing outside and seemed really over heated---but we had been gone all week---Wait that doesn't make sense. Ü

Monday morning she woke up running a fever and her whole body was HOT! We gave her multiple baths and lots of children's tylenol, which did bring the fever down enough to get her to sleep or nap, but everytime we went to get her up she was BURNING up. Tuesday was the same thing and I was starting to get nervous, but my BIL the doctor reassured us that as long as she still had wet diapers and was just a fever then we were probably okay. On Wednesday I was at my wits end, and beginning to personally feel the effects that stress tends to do to me. She was miserable and now she would just lay on my bed with a glazed over look in her eyes and just whimper and hold her head. I didn't want to be THAT mom that the Dr rolls his eyes and says 'its just a fever' but now she was beginning to cough as well and she just did not look good. Sooo, I took her in.

Diagnosis: double ear infection in both ears! Oh, my poor baby, I am so sorry I did not take you in sooner. I think the doctor could see how sick I felt, and tried to make me feel better by saying if I had brought her in on Monday, that they might not have seen the build up in her ears and might have just sent me home. But to think we could have stopped this sooner just makes my cry. But we have now started her on the 10 days worth of antibiotics---which is a chore in itself to get her to take, but already this morning she is playing with Laetner and actually giggling---GIGGLING! Never thought I could be so greatful, happy, relieved, and even overwhelmed that the child is simply smiling. Obviously I don't deal well with sick kiddies--I mean, ear infections happen all the time right? Well, for me they haven't. Luckily for this household this is the FIRST ear infection we have ever dealt with. Pretty amazing, I know. Hopefully it will be the ONLY one.

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

First ear infection? Crazy. I did the same thing w/ Sage. My mom kept telling me that if it was just a fever she was fine. A WEEK (I'm an even worse mom...) later I took her in and same thing--double infections. I felt so bad!!

BeckyinQC said...

It's so funny that you posted this, because our household has been dealing with our FIRST ear infection as well. Poor Taryn has been taking her 10 days of antibiotics too! I don't know how I've gotten off so lucky for so long anyway. We'll keep crossing our fingers though.

Allyson & Jere said...

So sorry Wavee is sick. You are sooooo LUCKY to not have to deal with ear infections ever! It appears to be our lot in life. Max gets to get tubes now, oh joy!!\