"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, August 28, 2009

Are you Kidding Me?

So I am walking out of the gym this morning, with Waverly on my hip, when I check my cell phone and notice that I missed a text whilst I was sweating all over the treadmill (you think I jest! Ü)

The text was from my one and only (who is still in Hawaii), and I quote, "Does your latest blog [post] mean that you don't miss me or need me anymore"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I truly apologize, my darling Courtney, that you would ever misconstrue my previous post into meaning that I don't miss or need you anymore! It made me want to cry right there on the spot, that (while I know you were joking) you could even think it just a little.

Perhaps you did not fully understand my little statement of : "not until this JULY did I ever actually get OVERWHELMED with him being gone. Man alive, I felt like I was in some sort of funk and just couldn't get out of it."

Perhaps becuz you were not here, that you didn't understand that when I haphazardly say I was in a 'funk' that I was REALLY having a hard time mentally, and emotionally and somedays really worried over the mortality of certain children for that day. (Mortality that would be ended by ME!)

Perhaps you thought my short-temperedness with everyone and everything (including YOU) was just the latest faze I was going thru?

No my darling, I will happily admit that I can't stand it when you are not here. No one makes me laugh like you can (you are indeed one of the top 5 funniest people). No one makes me cry like you can for that matter either. No one cooks like you can. No one cleans like you can. No one loves/plays/and spoils our children like you can. No one is as fun to watch T.V. with. No one works as hard as you can. No one makes me feel as safe as you can.

All's I am saying, is that now that school is back in session (and all the busy-ness that goes along with it) that I finally feel like I am coming out of that funk that I have been drowning in as of late.

And for that I am greatful!

No comments: