"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Greatful

I am so stinking greatful that school is back in session! And it isn't JUST becuz Delainee and Laetner are BOTH at school ALL day long---although that is pretty dang cool, I must admit!

No.

More than anything I am greatful to be BUSY. Greatful that we have to get up at 6:30 a.m. everyone morning to begin the process of breakfast, teeth brushing, getting dressed and practicing piano. Greatful that since I am already up that I have no good excuse not to head to the gym for an hour or so and get in a good sweat before starting the day. Greatful that my days are full of preparing Let's Play Music lessons, and 'advising' all my fun Let's Play Music teachers with all of their excited questions as they begin to teach. Greatful that since the Let's Play Music semester has started, that I have all sorts of interesting 'trading' that I get to cash in on this year. Greatful that I can go to the grocery store to do my coupon shopping with just ONE child to deal with. Greatful that almost EVERY day these past two weeks, I have had some sort of workers in my house, tearing up my kitchen, and stinking up my house with all sorts of crazy stains, paint, or glaze smells! (just wait til you see the finished product)

When Court first started traveling for his work I thought it would be really hard to have him away--and don't get me wrong it IS hard. But not until this JULY did I ever actually get OVERWHELMED with him being gone. Man alive, I felt like I was in some sort of funk and just couldn't get out of it. But I now realize it was becuz we had nothing to do BUT sit around and realize that he WASN'T here with us.

Soooo, I am just so greatful to be back on a schedule, and feel like there isn't enough of me to fit in all the things that need to be done in the day. Cuz then I don't have time to sit and mope about the fact that I haven't had an 'adult' conversation in over a week!

I think I forgot to mention that within a 14 day spread I will have seen my husband for three days of that time?---the poor baby is off to Hawaii AGAIN!

But like I said, we are so 'greatfully' busy that we are honestly doing OKAY!

Is it wrong to actually almost be better off when living in crazy-ville??

I must say, though, that I will ESPECIALLY be greatful when he comes home this Saturday!

SERENITY NOW! Ü

4 comments:

Jenn C. said...

I know about the schedule thing. I just need to get on one and stay on it. My kids have me way outnumbered so we are working on it daily. I know that you are way more organized than me! :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh my gosh can Shelby come babysit for me???
And I so do better under pressure and when I'm super busy too. Routines are the best! You ever need an adult conversation, call me!

Tara Fischbeck said...

I must agree that school in session is nice. I enjoy getting off to the gym with you and opologize for my bad health. But not sure I'd be so gleeful having Dan gone so much. I think it would be a tough adjustment each time he got back?!

Heidi M. said...

Amen, Julie! Being back on a schedule is theraputic. And I love how you are "greatful." It is such a GREAT situation full of GREAT things to be anything but greatful!