"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Green Means Go, People!

Miss Waverly and I were driving up Signal Butte Rd (heading north) and as I was approaching the intersection at Guadalupe Road, I noticed that the traffic lights were functioning. These are brand new, and this intersection has been a 4-way stop until now. Well the light was green--and we all know what that means--so I just kept going on my merry way. Well right before I actually cross the intersection I hear a long honk and then the car facing west jets across RIGHT in front of me---I NEARLY smashed into the side of them, but managed to slam on my brakes in time.

Clearly the person thought this was STILL a 4- way stop. So they were waiting for me to stop, and when they saw I wasn't, they proceeded with the honk, the jet, and a full blown running of a red light!

My question is this... I would have slammed into them, but they were running the red light---so they would be at fault, right??????

Either way, EVEN if it was still a 4-way stop, that was some pretty irrational behaviour.

Come on, where is your festive Halloween '4-way stop' spirit? Ü

1 comment:

Tara Fischbeck said...

Funny you mention that intersection because when I drove through it today I could have sworn the person ahead of me didn't see the green light!