"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cold Play concert on Thanksgiving Eve!

Court and I had so much fun at the ColdPlay Concert! The last time I even went to a concert was back in 1996---Sting! And I would not even consider that experience an actual concert. We were sitting on the grass on blankets for that one. But at Jobing.com arena we were 2nd row baby! Chris Martin was close enough to touch--literally. They had built out platforms from the stage so he could come out into the audience more, and he would actually walk right by me. At one point they even left the stage and just walked out into the middle of the audience to perform an acoustic version of 'The Scientist.' And, although my ticket said no photography of any kind, apparently security did not care, because everyone was snapping away and pushing record. There was some crazy opening act by an 'artist' named John Hopkins that truly made me want to slit my wrists, but once the curtain began to raise everything was perfect. On Viva la Vida the drummer was going crazy on a huge liberty looking bell on the stage. I guess he didn't realize his own strength because he broke the top of the mallett right off! Court got some great shots with the camera, which is pretty amazing since the lighting was crazy. The first video clip is a short 22 second 'keeping it real' segment. The last video clip is if a live performance of 'Yellow' for any of you fellow ColdPlay fans-so it is a little long, but ENJOY!

Thanks honey for coming along and singing all the songs with me!


No comments: