"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, November 21, 2008

Meridian Family Picnic

Every semester our elementary school has a family picnic at school. Everybody brings their blankets and scrambles for the little bit of shade that their is by the Basketball Court and we get to spend lunchtime with the kids. I think this was our 3rd one since Delainee has been in kindergarten last year. Usually we do the old drive thru at McDonalds, but this year Shelby and I decided a healthier (and yummier option for that matter) would be Steve's Krazy Sub. Soooo, I dropped Shelby off at school to save us our 'spot' and I went and picked up nine sub sandwiches and chips and drinks for our whole group. Someone should have taken a shot of me trying to carry all of this stuff in, but it all worked out great and it was a perfect day.
Here is part of our group as they chow....
Laetner loves his 'brown juice'
And thank you Shelby for taking some great shots of me and my kids!


I really need to cherish these moments when my kiddies aren't embarrassed to come sit on my lap and be seen by their friends.
I hope they never get to embarrassed.

No comments: