"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fuller Thanksgiving 2008


Well I did it! I finally was in charge of my first ever Thanksgiving. We switch which family we spend Thanksgiving with and this year was my family. (we are on the ever infamous "every other annual' plan. But having it at my house was quite an experience that I am still recovering from. I still do not know how Laetner and I managed to get a brining 25 pound bird into the fridge on Tuesday morning. By the time it had enough liquid to cover it, that thing was HEAVY! Court should just be happy that he didn't have to see 'turkey juices' that had to get cleaned up from off of the counter, the floor and EVERYWHERE!

The food was amazing --although my bird did cook slightly longer than Martha would have liked--and the kids seemed to really have a good time. The women even managed to fit in a vinyl lettering craft while the men watched some football. I don't think, however, that my marriage can handle this event again. So someone else better start gearing up for two years from now!
Here is the 'spread' before the feast began!

One thing I insisted upon was that all 34 of us manage to eat at one long table together!

And miracle of miracle, my children actually ate!

Thank you to whoever brought the soccer ball!

I am just so thankful that it is all over!



No comments: