"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight at Midnight!

Yes Tara, I am stealing your title, it is just too fitting.
Thusday night was supposed to be bunko night, but a few e-mails, a few phone calls, and it turned into a Twilight movie premiere night! I have never gone to a midnight movie premiere showing before---I highly recommend it. We started out the evening at BJ's Brewery--YUM! I could live off of Bruschetta and Pizzookies from this place.
About 8:30 we headed over to the movie theater to start lining up--bear in mind that the movie still would not start for another 3 1/2 hours. Luckily we had a few children that saved us our place in line. We all camped out in the hallway waiting for the time that we could make a mad dash for a seat in theater #8. I think all passerbyers were jealous of our game of "Would you rather"

I think we made the employees a little nervous. About 9 'o clock they came by and told us that we could not enter the theater unless we were all lined up against the wall. So we sucked it in and made our line up!

It appears that I missed the memo about dressing in black. I didn't think that Stephenie Meyers' world of vampires was goth--but apparently I was wrong!

Instead of filling up one row, we decided it would be easier to chat if stayed in a pack. So yep, we spanned from the back row to the front--all 18 of us!

Oh my goodness, it was so much fun. Finally at 12:05 the movie began! Thanks so much bunko boobies---I MEAN babes!

I hate to write to much about the movie, 'cause I would hate to spoil it for anyone. I DID NOT love it, but I didn't hate it either. Lets just focus on the positive, shall we? All of the Cullen's were well cast and well acted. Except Rosalie wasn't exactly Miss All That---she was sporting a little junk in the trunk. She had the attitude, just not the visual stunningness that is Roalie Hale Cullen. Billy Burke was great as Charlie. The first encounter in Bio class was so good! Special thanks need to go out to "the wind" for playing a huge role in this movie. THE kiss was sooo, sooo, good (and then immediately awkward) but all and all it was so fun to just see it all come to life. All I can say is Jacob better get a nose job if they even think about filming New Moon.

So what did everyone else think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!! I was there too!! In theater 15!! At first it was just a girls night but then we found out where their priorities REALLY were... so we invited our husbands. Mixed feelings BUT I'm so glad he came! Definitely was a never forgetting experience! I think Chet actually felt "honored" to go to the ever anticipated event! Had my "team edward tshirt on, glitter in the hair...oh yeah baby! It was a great night!

The Movie??! They barely scratched the surface with how well the book was written!! I think if they had made the movie 4 hours I would have watched every minute of it that night! Understandable with the time constraints with it being already 2 hours long BUT there was SO MUCH MORE they could have done! I wished they could have developed the characters personalities a little more. LOVED the chemistry between Edward and Bella!! And that kiss! I felt the vibe baby! Totally will go see it again!!....just maybe not the expensive shows......JK

Unknown said...

Sorry for the long post! :o)

Crandell Fam said...

Read my blog...I TOTALLY agree with you! :) Glad you had fun.

Tara Fischbeck said...

I love it Julie! Looks like you guys took up half the theater! Can't wait for more Edward and for New Moon...."please replace Jacob!"