"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, November 7, 2008

Viva la Coldplay!!!

I LOVE the band Coldplay, and they will be performing in Glendale on November 26th. I asked Court pretty please if we could get some tickets and 'we' decided that after our NYC trip we probably didn't need to spend money on another 'show'---BUMMER! So I hear on the radio that they are giving away tickets for the show if you call in as the 25th caller when they play a certain song. Right, like those are great odds. But after recently reading a book called "The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio", I thought I should try my hand at a contest! I turned the radio on at 7:20 to hear what the song of the day was---it was CLOCKS btw---and then my poor household had to listen ALLLLLL day long til they finally played the magical tune at 4:45. I had my house phone in one hand and my cell phone in the other, whilst Court sat with his cell phone in one hand and his blackberry in the other. We dialed our phones to 260-0969 and waited for the phones to start ringing, when we got a horrific message that this number is currently out of service. Immediately Court shouts out that is must be a 602 area code so we hang up and proceeded to redial all of our phones with the new correct number. My cell phone was in my left hand and I am not as skillful with my left hand, so when I could hear the phone actually ringing through the speaker phone, I figured I had dialed wrong. Whilst my left hand is ringing I am hanging up my right hand and redialing and then I finally make it back to my cell phone to check which number I actually dialed, when to my amazement it appears to be the correct number. This whole time the phone just keeps ringing and ringing. Finally someone picks up the phone, and I don't think he said anything other than "Mix 96.9" so I waited an instant and blubbered out, "So, am I the 25th caller???"

Indeed I was and I won 3rd row tickets to go see COLDPLAY!!!!!

So if you were listening to the radio yesterday and you heard some deejay berate the caller about a delayed reaction and that her name was Julie, then yeah, that was me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

NO WAY!!! That is awesome!!! Good things come to those who try huh?? Have FUN!

Jenn said...

You are so lucky! All of those years of playing the piano got those fingers ready for some speedy dialing. Have a great time!

Allyson & Jere said...

Well, aren't YOU just the luckiest girl in town! Good for you! I'm so happy for you to be able to go see your favorite band. Now, if you could just teach me how to win some money on one of those radio stations. hahaha!

BeckyinQC said...

Congratulations Julie! How awesome. I think it's even funner to go knowing that you didn't even have to pay for it!! Tommy is the winner in our family. He has won two trips from KMLE Country. I was shocked the first time - but the second time?? I guess you just have to try (which I never do).

By the way, I haven't read the book the Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio, but I saw the movie and loved it. I thought her story was very inspiring.

Glad to see your doing your own "prizewinning"!!

Crandell Fam said...

WOA! You are so lucky! That kind of stuff never happens to me. I'm still planning on winning the Health and Wealth raffle some time soon, though. I'll have to read that book you were talking about, oh and rub your hand for luck. Then it'll happen. :)

Shelly said...

I cant even tell you how jealous I am right now. I LOVE Coldplay. That is going to be the funnest concert-and the 3rd row-you freakin SCORED!! Have fun!!