"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, April 4, 2009

5K

I have been loving my boot camp. Last weekend our trainer Marianne put together a little 5K for us to run. 5k only ends up being 3.2 miles, but it was fun to feel like we were competing in something. Here is the 'group' before we began---minus a husband that showed up to run it with us. Marianne (our trainer) is the 5 month pregnant cutie in the blue hat.
Photobucket




As usual, Shelby and I started out the event very amicably,
Photobucket


But, just like London's Run, once that finish line was in site, it was a fist fight all the way to the end.

Photobucket


We came in at 32:10. About a 10 minute mile---not too shabby!
(Thanks Scott for coming to be our paparazzi)

3 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

I'm impressed Julie! Keep up the good work AND send some of that motivation my way - Heaven knows I need a little of that right now!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Yeah to Julie! you will be ready for the ragnar next year!!! You are already on the list in ink so no take backs!

Mike and Alecia said...

Julie you are my inspiration! Really though you'll be impressed to know that I am now trying to start running. I only go about twice a week but hey it's better than nothing. Someday hopefully I'll enjoy and be good at running like you.