"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 27, 2009

Saturday April 25th

This is a day that I will always remember. First of all it was my birthday. And for those of you who called to wish me a Happy Day---thank you. For those of you that did NOT---SHAME ON YOU. But there is always next year, or the next, or the next....

My sister-in-law Alicia had called earlier in the week and asked if we could get all of our girls' ears pierced. Maybe not the best way to celebrate my birthday, but it is something we have needed to do, and Alicia really wanted to get her little 3 month old Kennidi in, so off we went to Claire's at SanTan Mall. And be forewarned all you mother's who are feint of heart!

Here are the three lovely ladies before the TERROR began!


Delainee was up first, and she was soooo nervous.



"Find a happy place, find a happy place!"


Oh yeah, she knew it was coming!








Even after it was over she couldn't stop crying. The lady is trying to show Delainee her cute new ears in the mirrror, and Delainee does not even want to look. I think she thought there would be blood everywhere or something.


FOR THE REST OF THE DAY and evening this is what we saw at our house! My apologies to the poor babysitter that watched my kids while we went out for my birthday celebration. A crying 1 year old---totally understandable. A non-stop crying 7 year old---not so much!



Waverly was last. And she was completely a deer in the headlights!


But first came one ear....


and then the other.....


POOR THING!


Aaaah, look at that face!


Luckily Uncle Mike was there to give some fatherly love.
I love that it looks like Wavee and Kennidi are holding each other's hands for support. My own DEAR husband, refused to come becuz he didn't want his little Waverly to associate HIM with the trauma she went thru. YOU STINK, COURT!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a good b-day and I am glad. Did you get my message? I think that it is a good tradition to have daddy-kid outings around Mommy's b-day. You are brave with the ear piercing - they look so cute!

Anonymous said...

Uh...HAPPY BELATED! Looks like a fun day of ear piercing...lol! See ya Thursday!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Poor things...they did one ear at a time...that is tourture for the wee ones. And happy belated bday again!!

Allyson & Jere said...

THAT is precisely why you should pierce those bad boys when they're babies, then they can't remember the "trauma." Maggie was quite a trooper, she only cried when they dared to write on her ear. Tatum however (at age 5) did not fair as well and cried like Delainee. Here's hoping she's forgiven you and realizes how lovely she is with her freshly pierced ears.

Allyson & Jere said...

Oh, and my HUMBLEST apologies for missing your birthday. I feel simply terrible that I didn't even get a facebook wish in. I suck, please forgive.