"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mama Maurio

I have a pet peeve. And my Mother In Law KNOWS about this 'peeve' so I don't think she will be offended for my blogging about it. My MIL is very particular when it comes to photos of her own children---otherwise known as the 'ORIGINALS'. Whenever we take photos, there is always the obligatory, "Okay, just the original children ONLY" photo. It chaps my hide! Ü

Don't get me wrong, however. Mama Maurio and I get along GREAT! Who can forget that time with the moose! Aaaah those WERE good times....
Photobucket
(Me, the Moose, and Mama Maurio )

Well yesterday my MIL decides to create her own blog---good for her! I even help her create her address, and as soon as she posts, I leave her a comment welcoming her to the world of blogging---cuz who doesn't love the validation that comments bring, right? As soon as I post my comment, my eye wanders to her side bar and I see THIS photo with the title of



'JUST THE 11 OF US'
Photobucket
Grrrrrrr!
(and yes I was part of the family when this photo was taken--in fact there were 3 in laws and one grandchild sitting on the sidelines, getting a glimpse of what eternity looks like---APPARENTLY WE WON'T BE THERE)

I immediately left another comment and rescinded my welcome to the blogging community due to the fact that she had an 'originals' photo on her side bar. This was about 3:00 p.m. and I then left the sanctity of my computer screen to go teach two classes of Let's Play Music.


After Let's Play Music (at @ 5:50) I returned to my MIL's blog to find this:


Can you see it there on her side bar? I had to take a picture of it cuz I knew she wouldn't let it stay there, but here is a closer look....


That's right! I am the favorite! I've always known it, just didn't want to rub it in to the other SEVEN in laws!

8 comments:

Mike and Alecia said...

I wish it was still Just the 11 of us!!!

Marissa and Alecia

Joni said...

That's too funny! My MIL does that a little too!

Allyson & Jere said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! And, your picture is really rather suave. We always do the "original" kids in pictures too. That bugged Jere so much, he started insisting on JUST the in-law pictures. Frankly, the inlaw pictures are always my favorite, they're so funny. I'll put one up for your viewing pleasure sometime. So see, now you can start that little tradition in the ol' Fischbeck clan.

Tara Fischbeck said...

Ok I just figured out what mil is...but i hate to tell you the truth. she called me first just to let me know she was posting that and to reassure me that i am the favorite daughter in law but she didn't want to hurt your feelings..........i should've kept that to myself!

Unknown said...

This is too funny! It hits too close to home! :o)

Jenn C. said...

Funny! I don't like to be in any pics so this would not be a big deal. We do have a Crandall picture where I am the only in-law and it looks really odd.
I love your new picture! WOW!

Anonymous said...

LOL...my mother-in-law does the SAME THING...and it has always offended me. She never hears the end of it from me. In fact when we do family pics I always stand on the side and wait to be invited in...and then when she tells me to stand in the picture I make a HUGE deal about it...like I am so "surprised and honored" to be invited to stand in... just to tick her off...lol.

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

Lovin this! And lovin Allyson's comment about Jere's In-law pic's. I'm gonna start that one with the Gardiner clan!