"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 21, 2010

We're Gonna Need A Snake!

On Season Two (or so) of 24, Jack Bauer makes a split second decision to stop a bomb from going off. In doing so, he exclaims one of THE most memorable lines in television history, "I'm gonna need an ax!" (and then proceeds to chop off a guys hand!)

This is the spirit in which my title to this post should be read!

On Sunday the children ran this cute little stuffed animal into me and said that Wavee was trying to put it in the toilet in their bathroom....


I didn't think too much about, but when I went to use 'their' bathroom I was greeted with a plethora of objects floating in the bowl---a WHOLE mess of toilet paper, a maxipad (still in the wrapper), a tampon (still in the wrapper), a little tykes fireman and a relief society manual (harold b lee to be exact).


Sooo odd----soooo not the end of the story!

Fast forward to Tuesday night---the same bathroom. This time I go to use this bathroom and see a WHOLE lot of toilet paper in the bowl AGAIN. I flush it to clear it out, and the bowl creeps up on the verge of over flowing. I run to get the plunger from the garage, but when I start to plunge NOTHING goes ANYWHERE, and I hear this really odd clinking sound. I can't actually see anything in the water cuz all the toilet paper has muddied up the water, but I bravely decided to go where no man has gone before.


In my arm went and out starting coming a spoon, and a quarter (that explained the clanking sound) and I could feel a ball in there of some sort. As I started to grab at this ball, I felt it deflate and in doing so a nose bulber slid out into my hands.

WOW! I go to flush the toilet, but it still isn't going anywhere OR responding to the plunging, but my hand cannot reach any further.

Sooo Laetner was voted to create a sign for our bathroom door to remind us not to use it. (We would just have to wait for Daddy to come home Thursday night to figure it out!) The sign reads:


Don't Use the Toilet
Keep Out.

Just to be safe I decided to keep the door locked anyways, since I obviously can't trust the child anymore.

Move forward to today. I will admit that Waverly was SLIGHTLY neglected today. I was doing alot of work on the computer for Let's Play Music and had set Wavee up to watch Yo Gabba Gabba in MY bedroom. Well apparently she lost interest and headed back to what she knows best, cuz when I came in @1:30 to get ready for Let's Play Music (don't judge me, I told you I was a computer bum today) I saw some very familiar looking toilet paper remnants in the toilet bowl again----and Waverly's shirt was wet up to her ELBOW! I was smart enough to not just hit flush and went straight for the no man's land on a 2nd toilet in my house and pulled out four hair bows. I thought I was safe after the retrievals, so I went ahead and flushed it, but it copied the other toilet and not only wouldn't flush, but wouldn't respond to the plunging as well. WHAT HAS SHE BEEN PUTTING IN THE TOILETS?????


Two toilets down and just our little toilet in the Let's Play Music room for us ALL to use.


But as I am finishing up my 3:30 Let's Play Music class I have an idea.....

"Ummm Delainee, would you be willing to do something REALLY gross for me?"


It definitely took some coaxing, but Delainee's little arm was able to reach in to almost her shoulder and she pulled out another one of these out of the guest bathroom toilet

(don't even want to know how long this first one had been in there....)

and she pulled this out of my bedroom toilet


I am happy to announce that MY toilet is back to working, flushing order---but the guest bathroom STILL won't respond to flushin or plungin!

I think we're gonna need a snake!

Not to mention all three of us have put our arms WAY further into those toilets than they should have gone---
I don't know if Court will be able to live with us anymore! Ü


p.s. If you notice, this entire post broke my cardinal rule of 'no photo is worth taking unless SOMEONE is in the shot'! It was bad enough that I rifled through the trash to exhume all the items for a photo shoot , I wasn't about to trust Waverly in a shot with said items---they might have ended up in a toilet again, in her mouth or WORSE! But I am now happy to announce that they have all returned to whence they came and ALL items have been thrown away---- so please no more phone calls to borrow the spoon!

9 comments:

Tara Fischbeck said...

LOL!! Love the post! Waverly might have a little rebelion(Lily) in her.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I am CRACKING UP. Seriously, too funny!!!!!! Go Wavee!!

Jenn C. said...

WOW! She is busy!!!

Allyson & Jere said...

Wow! Just WOW! I seriously don't have words. Well ok, I have words.."Better you than me." I might have seriously lost my S.H. I'm so thankful that my kids are not into this kind of naughtiness. Maggie is just into being the snottiest, meanest girl. Whatever.

Kayleen said...

Holy moly! I think it's great, btw, that you took pictures of the flushed items. Patience I tell ya. Patience is what you have.

Kayleen said...

hey, I'm adding you to my blogroll. . . is that ok. It better be, 'cause you blog stalked me first!

Marissa said...

I doubt Court will touch any of you now! Wavee is totally a troublemaker. I especially loved Laetner's sign!

Jenny said...

Awesome! I'm officially grossed out! :)

Hollie said...

YUUUUCK!! Beeen there, done that (a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do). Don't you love motherhood?