"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Just Can't Keep Up With Her

I am at my wits end with Miss Waverly.

Yesterday....

#1 Snuck some chocolate out of my Let's Play Music room into MY bed as she was watching Yo Gabba Gabba while I was quickly getting ready for my visiting teachers to come over. I first found her with smudges of chocolate on her face and could NOT figure out where she had gotten any. The bag APPEARED to still be sealed, but she had managed to open the corner just enough to get some chocolate bars out. What she COULDN'T figure out was how to get the foil wrapping off. So when I FINALLY found the chocolate it was smeared all over my comforter (on Court's side of the bed) It looks like a murder might have happened on my bed---Delainee even asked if someone had had a bloody nose!

#2 Alecia came over with Parker and Kennidi to dig through our shoe bin for shoes for Miss Kennidi. In the time it took for me to go answer the door and welcome everybody in, Waverly had climbed on stacked toy bins, to get to the top of Laetners dresser, in order to get his bin of markers. She then proceeded to color ALL over her hands, pants, socks, shoes and Laetners bed. It better be as washable as it claims.

#3 It is finally the end of the day, and the kids and I are settling in on my bed to watch a little t.v. before bedtime. We are just hitting play on the tivo when I look down and see Waverly pouring BRIGHT RED Sonic Watermelon slush on my bedroom carpet! @#$% My gosh, does she ever STOP!

With Laetner I expected the busy naghtiness becuz, well, he's a boy! But Wavee looks so innocent and demure that you assume she should be an angel child (just like her big sister Delainee) but NOT SO MUCH!

The BEST part of the day came when I ranted off all the things she had done and unloaded on Courtney (he is in Washington right now) on what a great day I was having. Did I get sympathy from my beloved? You be the judge. His words of comfort were, "It sounds like somebody needs to watch her better."

Thanks Court.

6 comments:

Tara Fischbeck said...

Ya Julie can't you spend every waking minute chasing Waverly. Come on!! Sounds like a man I know too!! I got a great excuse now...when I sit down to nurse Emma has free rain. I listen for the quiet moments!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Your blogs always crack me up. I'da had smoke blowing out of my ears if Clint said that! :-)

Maurio said...

Husbands can be so helpful. Sweet little Waverly couldn't possibly do all reported!

Marissa said...

Hahahahahaa! That totally sounds like Court!

BeckyinQC said...

Did you say: "Yes, hurry home"? Mama needs a day out while dad tries to keep up with everything every once in a while right? Your blog cracks me up too.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I love daddies. They are always full of great advice. Just put a leash on her and attach it to you...that will do it....lol. Sorry to hear about the carpet. Isn't motherhood bliss?