"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Facing up to Some Hard Truths

First hard truth: I will probably never weigh 125 pounds, but a girl can dream can't she? No that is not even the worst of the hard truths I must face today. Laetner and Waverly and myself headed to Kiddie Kandids for the annual free 8x10 for your birthday photo. I LOVE kiddie kandids. They get you right in, work with your child to get some smiles, and then print up your FREE picture in about 10 minutes. Well while we waited for the printing I ran around the corner to a little jewelry shop to exchange a ring. I was making good time. We went back to pick up our photo which ended up being these sweet, little, innocent, angel shots...


Just look at that face. Could she ever do wrong? I think (or rather I should say thought) not. After picking up the photo Laetner and I pushed the stroller as fast as we could back to the car because we needed to get home for preschool. We had made it all the way out of the mall, back to our car in the parking lot , I had already buckled Laetner in his seat and was finally pulling Waverly out of the stroller when I spied this clutched in her hands....




It is a sad day for a mother when she must face up to the fact that her baby girl is heading toward a vicious alcoholic addiction with a klepto habit to boot!

Yes, of course I marched her back into the store and made her apologize to the store clerk. I had to teach her a lesson didn't I?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! At least she an eye for cute taste!

Allyson & Jere said...

Funny funny stuff! I love you and your sense of humor. By the way, why don't you come and do the tri with us?