"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Julie Squared

It was Spring Break and my guilty husband informed me that I HAD to take the kids on some sort of vacation. Mind you, he wouldn't be joining us, but he fully expected me to pack up the three kiddies BY MYSELF and head up north. I sent out a mass e-mail to my Book Club girlies to see if anyone wanted to join in on the festivities and luckily my good friend Julie Spilsbury was in! The kids thought we were kidding when we told them that we both had the same name.


The kids all played really well together and Spils was such a good sport that she kept taking the kids on rhino rides the whole time whilst I was able to read my latest book HUNGER GAMES---highly recommend it! I am still trying to forget the quad ride with Cambryn and Lauryn where we were sliding down a hill together. All three of our lives flashed before MY eyes! But we all made it through the weekend without any injuries and Waverly was an ANGEL. Although I cannot say the same for Biggest Loser or American Idol contestants---WE TORE THEM APART!


We ate like KINGS for the whole time. Homemade pizza, hotdogs, mac'n'cheese, RAMEN---the kids were in heaven.

We Made Some New Best Friends




Lydia wasn't too sure about going on rides, but I managed to take her and Wavee on a little baby one.



Laetner was so excited to have a boy to play with. In the bunk room he was so specific that he wanted to sleep on the bunk under 'the boy.' Hope Brigham did not mind his new shadow.



Cambryn was constantly taking care of Wavee for me! Made my job E-Z!



Here's the whole crew!



And here's the whole crew screaming for their life on the rhino.
Photobucket

After the first day my kids gave up asking me for anything and would always ask 'other' Julie. Clearly they would be OK to jump ship and move into the Spilsbury Household.
Thanks Spilsbury's!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Love your cute title! I'll be "squared" with you anytime! Ü Love the way you blogged our fun trip! Thanks again for 3 perfect children and 3 perfect days! Love your guts! Ü

Jenny said...

That sounds so fun! Love the- eating like kings! Why is it that our children want the worst kinds of foods and they think you are the coolest mom in the world if you let them eat it???

A. Goodie said...

Love it, You know I would have been there, since my hubby was out of town as well, but my week old baby might not have appreciated it so much! So glad you guys had a blast. See you next week!

Allyson & Jere said...

Just answering your question, and your perhaps accusation...hmmmm.

As for the WW 2 point soup, if it is, I didn't have any idea. I promise, Dixie gave it to me and I modified. But hey, 2 points, I like that.

Jenny and Dana work out at Lifetime, Dixie and I work out at the YMCA, or Westwood track.

Finally....totally digging the new profile pic. You are so HAWT!

Unknown said...

Ok Julie! I seriously need to be on your Book Club List! heehee :o) That looked like a ton of fun!!